SUBMIT A SAMPLE
Submitting a sample for analysis is quick and easy, follow these 4 simple steps:
2. Check your identification reference matches on sample and submission form
3. Ensure Your sample is clearly labelled (check required sample size guidelines below) and in a secure, safe and suitably packaged container
4. Send Your sample and completed submission form directly to Elemental Microanalysis Ltd, 1 Hameldown Road, Okehampton, Devon. EX20 1UB UK
We will then send you your results however you prefer; email, post or telephone.
SAMPLE SIZE GUIDELINES:
|Analysis Type||Test||ISO 17025 accredited||Anticipated % /Ideal Sample Size|
<1% 1% to 5% >5%
|Limit of Detection %|
|Organic||CHN Analysis||Yes||>20 mg >10 mg >2 mg||0.01|
|Organic||Oxygen||Yes||>40 mg >20 mg >2 mg||0.05|
|Organic||Total Organic Carbon||Yes||>100 mg >20 mg >5 mg||0.01|
|Organic||Sulfur||Yes||>20 mg >10 mg >2 mg||0.02|
|Organic||Nitrogen / Protein||Yes||>20 mg >10 mg >2 mg||0.03|
|Halogens by IC||F / Cl / Br / I||>100 mg >10 mg >1 mg||ppb|
|Inorganic||Fe Base, Cu Base, Trace Elements, Minerals||>1 g* >1 g* >1 g*|
|Inorganic||Raw Material||>50 g* >50 g* >50 g*|
*Dependent on required procedure. Sample preparation can be performed by the Laboratory*
- Sample identification should be unique, preferably a combination of numbers and letters
- Adequate sample should be provided (see sample size guidelines table). Larger samples are preferred, surplus sample can be returned.
- Air sensitive samples should be submitted in sealed glass ampoules or tubes (one provided for each analysis).Tubes should be of sufficient length to allow scoring and breaking at the middle point. The preferred size is 5mm bore and 100mm in length.
- A sample Submission Form should be completed for each sample submitted. These are self-explanatory. Information on the expected composition and the sample's elemental content is important to avoid errors introduced by known interferences.
- We are able to dry or grind Organic samples as required
- We are able to offer sample preparation for Isotope Ratio Analysis (for example grinding, drying, acid digestion etc).
- Please contact us to discuss your sample preparation requirements for your Inorganic Samples.
- Unless otherwise specified samples are analysed 'as received' without grinding or drying.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before submitting samples for analysis. Elemental Microanalysis Limited does not provide Expert Testimony in legal proceedings
- We accept payment by Bank Transfer (BACS), credit card or cheque.
SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORMS: